Annual Energy Consumption
Gas: 1.200.000 kWh
Electricity: 200,000 kWh
Expected annual savings
Heating system renovation and strategy for deep renovation
Factor4 has designed a new heating system for the student housing home Thomas Morus. The existing boilers for heating and sanitary hot water were replaced by a new state-of-the-art installation.
The study and design enabled the owner to take appropriate actions. That will pay in the long run:
- It is good to consult with an independent specialist in advance.
- The design and specifications are the ideal basis for a quote: it is clear what should happen and what materials are needed.
- There is independent supervision of the commissioning.
- After the project has been completed, there is a complete as built file that enables good management of the installations.
- The total cost is lower: the installers will offer a competitive price because they know that multiple, perfectly comparable quotes are requested.
- The materials used are durable and of good quality, in accordance with the ambition level discussed for the project.
In addition to the urgent renovation of the heating system, Factor4 also made a strategic plan for the future and worked out various scenarios that calculated the costs and benefits of additional energetic renovation work. Based on this, the owner can schedule future operations.
Services in this project:
We assist public authorities and building managers towards better performing and sustainable real estate portfolios. We develop strategies and corresponding roadmaps. We help implement the roadmaps by offering workshops in which we focus on change management and process management. Read more
Design and optimisation
We design and develop energy-related components: from conceptual design over detailed drawings to procurement documents. We take on new designs and optimize existing installations. Read more